8 Tips for Raising Confident Children
As children grow, gaining confidence is just as important as the skills they learn. Here are eight tips to help raise confident children:
- Don’t get upset at every mistake a child makes. One way that children learn is through making mistakes so allow them this learning opportunity.
- Encourage children to not give up. They learn confidence and resilience through trying things more than once.
- Let children try new things so that they feel capable.
- Explore their interests with them so they develop a sense of identity.
- Have children set goals. Large or small, setting a goal and achieving it helps children feel strong and they build self-esteem.
- Celebrate when children show effort.
- Embrace imperfection, and teach children this message as early as possible. Remind them that being human and less than perfect is totally okay.
- Show them love and that they’ll always have your support.
For even more tips, check out building up your child's self esteem and confidence